FOCUS AND SCOPE
To publish articles in all fields of medical sciences, including medicine, dentistry, nursing and applied medical sciences that provide sufficient contribution to medical knowledge. Articles may include new experimental methods of medical importance; new results obtained experimentally; new interpretation of existing results or data pertaining to clinical problems; or epidemiological work giving substantial scientific information pertaining to medical sciences.
All such articles should aim for the development of medical concepts rather than mere recording of facts. Incomplete studies are discouraged and will have very low chances of acceptance unless offering real values.
Objectives of the Journal
1. To publish original, well documented, peer reviewed clinical and basic science articles.
2. To inculcate the habit of medical writing.
3. To enable physicians to remain informed in multiple areas of medicine, including developments in fields other than their own.
4. To share the experience and knowledge for benefit of healthcare providers.
5. To document medical problems pertinent to community as diabetes, leishmaniasis, heat stroke, smoking, obesity, prevention of road side accident.
6. To achieve the highest level of ethical medical journalism and to produce a publication that is timely, credible, and enjoyable to read
Authorship and Contribution
The International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals (ICMJE Recommendations 2013) recommend that authorship be based on the following five criteria:
- Substantial contributions to conception and design, or acquisition of data, or analysis and interpretation of data.
- Drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content.
- Final approval of the version to be published.
- Agreement to be accountable for all aspects of the work in ensuring that questions related to the accuracy or integrity of any part of the work are appropriately investigated and resolved.
- All authors must be signed on Authorship and Contribution Agreement form.
It is important to note:
- Acquisition of funding, collection of data, or general supervision of the research group alone, does not justify authorship.
- All persons designated as authors should qualify for authorship, and all those who qualify should be listed.
- Each author should have participated sufficiently in the work to take public responsibility for appropriate portions of the content.
All manuscripts must be submitted through the journal's online submission system athttp://www.ijhs.org.sa. Submissions made via email or mailed to the editorial office will NOT be processed. An author submitting the manuscript for the first time is required to register online and create a profile as an author. This enables author to receive login credentials for manuscript submission. An author declaration is a mandatory part of a submission. This covers a number of logistic issues which are described in Peer Review Process. Before submission make sure that the manuscript conforms to the journal guidelines for the preparation of the manuscript.
Editorial Office Contact Information:
IJHS, College of Medicine, P.O. Box 6040, Qassim University, Al-Qassim 51432, Saudi Arabia. Tel.: 966-16-380-1557; Fax: 966-16-380-1557; e-mail:email@example.com
For submission of the following article types, please follow the links in the list below:
Systematic Reviews / Meta-analysis
Case Reports/Case series
Letters to the Editor